Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Koh Samui and Anthong National Park, Thailand



Us after a few days of rest and relaxation! :)

Enjoying chocolate milkshakes on the beach! I know weird, but we were pretty excited to even have that option!


After laying on the beach suntanning and reading books for 4 days straight, we decided to go tour Angthong National Park for the day. We caught a speed boat from the top of Koh Samui Island and then rode about an hour northwest to the national park. Its made up of lots of small islands. Our first stop was to snorkel off one of the protected reefs.

We snorkeled right up to and under the overhang. Lots of bright and pretty fish! Wish my camera was waterproof!

This was the first time I had ever snorkeled so was extremely excited......us looking dorky! :)

From there we went to Mae Kong Island and hiked up to the top where the "Blue Lagoon" was. It looked more like the Green Lagoon, but it was definitely beautiful! :)

Looking down from half-way up the island's small mountain.

Us at the Blue Lagoon!

After that nice little bout of physical activity, we got back on the boat and toured through the islands on the way to our next stop......an option to hang out on a beach for 2 hours or go kayaking to another tiny beach. We definitely opted for kayaking! :) It was hard to take pics and paddle at the same time, so here are a few. LOL


The colour of the water was incredible!

Here's the tiny little beach we kayaked to. The water was so warm it felt like a bathtub! :)


This water was so shallow!

Monkey Island........supposed to look like a monkey face.

A small cave we went into.....

The colour of the water in the cave didn't look real!


So we saw pics of this odd shaped island in our tour book, but didn't realize that it is famous because it apparently looks like Sean Connery's profile if you look at the right side of it. Ridiculous, I know, but I can totally see it! LOL

The only other adventure we attempted during the week on Koh Samui was a trip to the southern tip of the island to see the Butterfly Garden.




How many butterflies can you count?

I love this little guy's face! LOL

This guy crept out onto the path as I was taking a picture of a flower.






And that's our Thailand trip! Next planned adventure? India! :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Miss Lively! ;) Such beautiful sites for sure :) J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*

    I miss you girly. =)

    uber pretty hair in the first pic by the way. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lise;
    Another great experience. Keep the pictures coming.
    Love Dad and Mom XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know me, but I randomly ran across your blog while researching Kuwait. I was so excited when I found it, as I will be teaching 9th grade science at the same exact school next year! The time cannot go by fast enough. I have read through most of your blogs and I can't wait to start my new adventure. Thank you so much for sharing! You've inspired me to start a blog to keep track of my adventures. Enjoy the rest of the school year! We are wrapping up ours here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete